Saturday, October 10, 2009

Deloach Vineyard, Sonoma County


This was the wine country experience that we were looking for. A small, elegant, yet not at all pretentious wine store attached to a functioning vineyard. No big fountain in the driveway. No band, no harps, just wine. I dont remember them selling savories or even having background music.

There was a strange German couple who I must assume was teleported out of some uber-wealthy dinner party in the early 80s. Although we spoke to them little, I assumed their dedication to candy red leather and matching sun glasses was the same sort of dedication that lets you find the perfect glass of pinot in the noise of wine country, and for that I had to respect and appreciate them.

We walked out with a case, and my only regret is we only got one. Luckily, they ship to NYC.

No comments:

Post a Comment